Schedule an Appointment
Things you need to know when scheduling an appointment at the Free Clinic:
- We provide basic outpatient health care.
- We do not provide emergency services.
- Services vary due to volunteer availability.
- Please call us at 319-337-4459 for scheduling details.
Health Care Enrollment
Health insurance enrollment through the Marketplace is now CLOSED.
But you can apply for Medicaid anytime during the year. If you have questions, please contact your local Department of Human Services (319-356-6050).
Assistance is also available at Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (319-535-2679) or Johnson County Social Services General Assistance (319-356-6090).
You will also find information in the Johnson County Healthcare Outreach Brochure.
The Iowa City Free Medical and Dental Clinic (FMC) is a non-profit organization, established in 1971. We believe that access to affordable health care is a basic human necessity. We strive to provide the widest range of medical and dental services possible to people in the Iowa City and surrounding community who would not otherwise have access to care.
Our principles of practice are:
- To eliminate barriers to health care by offering services without cost.
- To offer services that are non-judgmental and confidential.
- To encourage the participation of patients in their own care.
- To advocate for the medically under-served in our community.
Click here to see this lovely video which was recently made for us. It will give you a little more information about our clinic, our history, and what we do.
The staff at FMC is here to help you find appropriate health care. If we can't help you, we will refer you to another organization.
We depend on private donations to continue to provide services to our community. Every contribution helps, and we appreciate anything you are able to give. We are proud to be able to provide over $5 of services for every $1 you donate!
Top Ten Needed Items
- Medium (especially medium but any size) powder-free and latex-free medical glove
- Cold Medications - Cough Drops
- Heel Cups (can be purchased at any pharmacy!)
- Toothpaste and adult tooth brushes and fixident
- Travel-Size Personal Hygiene Items
- "Forever" stamps
- Adult S and M Depends