Schedule an Appointment
Things you need to know when scheduling an appointment at the Free Clinic:
- We provide basic outpatient health care.
- We do not provide emergency services.
- Services vary due to volunteer availability.
- Please call us at 319-337-4459 for scheduling details.
Friday After Clinic 2016!
Our 3rd annual Friday After Clinic was a celebratory event and a tremendous success!
Many thanks to everyone who attended - it was wonderful to see so many Clinic supporters!
A special thanks to the Dick Watson Trio, Greyhound Deli, Every Blooming Thing, Rapids Reproductions/Technigraphics, BizBee Marketing and the College of Public Health.
And our sincere thanks to our very generous sponsors:
Steindler Orthopedic Clinic Corridor Endodontics Toyota Scion Towncrest Dental Lensing Funeral Home Bradley and Riley Rohrbach Associates Rockwell Collins Mercy Towncrest University District Dental Society River City Dental Brown Street Inn Sanctuary Community Church AW Welt Ambrisco
On behalf of the Clinic's Board of Directors and Staff, our heartfelt gratitude to all of you!
Health Care Enrollment
Open enrollment is now closed. You may still qualify to apply for coverage if you have had a qualifying event. If you do not have medical insurance now you can check online to see if you qualify for this exception on the Marketplace. Depending on your income, you may be eligible for federal subsides to help pay for premiums. If you already have coverage through the Marketplace remember to re-enroll every year to keep your insurance in place. Make sure to get covered so that you do not have to pay any tax penalties!
You can apply for Medicaid (Title 19) or Iowa Health and Wellness anytime during the year. If you think you might qualify for one of these low-income programs, please contact your local Department of Human Services.
You can also call the clinic; we'll be glad to assist you in finding the help you need!
The Iowa City Free Medical and Dental Clinic (FMC) is a non-profit organization, established in 1971. We believe that access to affordable health care is a basic human necessity. We strive to provide the widest range of medical and dental services possible to people in the Iowa City and surrounding community who would not otherwise have access to care.
Our principles of practice are:
- To eliminate barriers to health care by offering services without cost.
- To offer services that are non-judgmental and confidential.
- To encourage the participation of patients in their own care.
- To advocate for the medically under-served in our community.
Click here to see this lovely video which was recently made for us. It will give you a little more information about our clinic, our history, and what we do.
The staff at FMC is here to help you find appropriate health care. If we can't help you, we will refer you to another organization.
We depend on private donations to continue to provide services to our community. Every contribution helps, and we appreciate anything you are able to give. We are proud to be able to provide over $5 of services for every $1 you donate!
Top Ten Needed Items
- Crutches (We're down to 1 pair for tall people)
- Carpel Tunnel Splints (Large and X-Large especially)
- Cold Medications - Cough Drops
- Heel Cups (can be purchased at any pharmacy!)
- Toothpaste and adult tooth brushes
- Travel-Size Personal Hygiene Items
- "Forever" stamps