Schedule an Appointment
Things you need to know when scheduling an appointment at the Free Medical Clinic
- We provide basic outpatient health care.
- We do not provide emergency services.
- Services vary due to volunteer availability.
- Please call us at 319-337-4459 for scheduling details.
New Intern Opportunity
Our summer internships have been filled.
Please check back in August to find out about opportunities for the fall.
The Iowa City Free Medical Clinic (FMC) is a non-profit organization, established in 1971. We believe that health care is a basic human right. We strive to provide the widest range of health care services possible to patients in the Iowa City and surrounding community who would not otherwise have access to healthcare.
Our principles of practice are:
- To eliminate barriers to health care by offering services without cost.
- To offer services that are non-judgmental and confidential.
- To encourage the participation of patients in their own care.
- To advocate for the medically under-served in our community.
The staff at FMC is eager to help you find appropriate health care. If we can't help you, we will refer you to another organization.
We depend on private donations to continue to provide services to our community. Every little bit counts, and we appreciate anything you are able to give. We are proud to be able to provide about $5 of services for every $1 you donate!