Schedule an Appointment
Things you need to know when scheduling an appointment at the Free Medical Clinic
- We provide basic outpatient health care.
- We do not provide emergency services.
- Services vary due to volunteer availability.
- Please call us at 319-337-4459 for scheduling details.
FRIDAY AFTER CLINIC!
The staff of the Free Clinic would like to thank our Board of Directors for all the hard work that they put into making our fundraising event a success. It was a fun-filled evening; good food, lovely music, and many friends we haven't seen in years.
We also extend many thanks to "Friday After Clinic" sponsors: Toyota Scion, Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, Towncrest Internal Medicine, AW Welt Ambrisco, Towncrest Dental, Great Western Bank and Towncrest Pharmacy!
The Iowa City Free Medical Clinic (FMC) is a non-profit organization, established in 1971. We believe that access to affordable health care is a basic human necessity. We strive to provide the widest range of medical and dental services possible to people in the Iowa City and surrounding community who would not otherwise have access to care.
Our principles of practice are:
- To eliminate barriers to health care by offering services without cost.
- To offer services that are non-judgmental and confidential.
- To encourage the participation of patients in their own care.
- To advocate for the medically under-served in our community.
Click here to see this lovely video which was recently made for us. It will give you a little more information about our clinic, our history, and what we do.
The staff at FMC is eager to help you find appropriate health care. If we can't help you, we will refer you to another organization.
We depend on private donations to continue to provide services to our community. Every little bit counts, and we appreciate anything you are able to give. We are proud to be able to provide about $5 of services for every $1 you donate!